Garden Egg/Eggplant Stew/Sauce
- 2 Medium sized Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Chilies or Habanero finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Essiespice Coco-For-Garlic Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon EssieSpice Mango Chili Medley
- 2 Medium Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Cup Red Palm Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic - Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Crayfish (smoked)
- 8 Medium sized Garden eggs, boiled for 12 minutes or 3 large Egg Plants/Aubergines also boiled & blended slightly (Or pulsed in the food processer 3 times)
- 1 smoked mackerel broken up into smaller pieces (previously smoked with EssieSpice Coco-For-Garic Sauce, Olive oil at 350F for 25 minutes)
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, add Red Palm Oil on medium heat
- Add the onion, chillies and garlic and for stir 2-3 minutes
- Add the EssieSpice Coco-for-Garlic sauce , Mango Chili Medley and Tomato Paste
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and keep stirring until you see the oil separate from the mixture.
- Keep sauce on medium heat and add crayfish, continue to stir so sauce is completely mixed.
- Add boiled Egg plants or Garden eggs and mix completely. Allow to cook on low to medium for 12-15 minutes. Add salt to taste
- Finally add the smoked fish and stir all ingredients. Allow to simmer on low for a final 5-8 minutes. Serve with boiled yams, potatoes, brown rice, cous cous or plantains.