Seafood & Vegetable Stir Fry
- 2-3 ounces cut of Salmon
- 5 pieces of Scallops
- 1/3 cup of Sweet corn
- 1/2 cup onion sliced
- 1 cup cabbage sliced thinly
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons EssieSpice Mekko Dry Rub
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil/Avocado Oil
- 2 Tablespoons EssieSpice Mango Chili Medley
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Prepare to use two skillets. One for the stir fry, a deeper one and one for the seafood.
- In a bowl, marinate the cleaned salmon and scallops with EssieSpice Mekko Dry Rub ensuring that the fish is completely covered on all sides and set aside.
- In one skillet, add 2 tablespoons of oil to pan and allow to get really hot so we can sear the fish
- Slowly lower the salmon skin side first (You can slightly score the skin to make sure it doesn't bunch up) and add the scallops to the skillet as well. The scallops will cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side. Do not flip until the edges start to right just a bit or you hit the 2 minute mark or else you'll overcook the scallop and it'll be rubbery. Make sure to space them so they have enough room to cook and not boil.
- Take scallops out and continue cooking salmon on all other sides. If you want the salmon to cook further, you can continue cooking it in the oven for another 6-8 minutes at 350F.
- In the second skillet (the larger one), add remaining coconut oil, and allow to heat on medium heat.
- First add the onions and sauté till they are nicely browned. Add sweet corn and allow to fry a bit to get them to caramelize along with the onions.
- Add the cabbages continue stirring and then the EssieSpice Mango Chili Medley sauce and stir till the contents are even. Lastly add the peppers and turn off heat, you don't want the peppers to overcook.
- Finally add your salmon and scallops and serve with rice, noodles or couscous.