Traditional Egg Stew - Ghana Style
- 2 Medium sized Onion thinly sliced
- 2 Scotch Bonnet Chilies or Habanero finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Essiespice Coco-For-Garlic Sauce https://www.essiespice.com/shop/coco-for-garlic
- 2 Medium Tomatoes Diced
- 1/3 Cup Red Palm Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cloves of Garlic - Minced
- 1/2 Cup of Group West African Melon Seeds (Egusi/Agushi)
- 1 smoked mackerel broken up into smaller pieces(previously smoked with EssieSpice Coco-For-Garic Sauce, Olive oil at 350F for 25 minutes)
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, add Red Palm Oil on medium heat
- Add the onion, chillies and garlic and for stir 2-3 minutes
- Add the EssieSpice Coco-for-Garlic sauce http://www.essiespice.com/shop/coco-for-garlic and fry
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and keep stirring until you see the oil separate from the mixture.
- Add 1 cup of water and let it boil for a few minutes. Do not cover the pan.
- Once the water almost dried out, bring the sauce to a simmer
- Add the ground Melon seeds and stir into mixture.
- Beat all four eggs together and add to the mixture and stir moderately and then cover and let the eggs cook. You can keep the eggs longer while cooking or shorter depending on how much you want your eggs cooked. Finally add the mackerel and allow to cook with the sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve hot with rice, plantains, bananas, yams, potatoes, fufu, Eba .