Spicy Avocado with Beef & Lamb Burger with Caramelized Onion
Ingredients for Burger
- 1/2 lb Ground Lamb
- 1/2 lb Ground Sirloin
- 1 Teaspoon of Essiespice Mango Chili Medley (Spicy or Mild) https://www.essiespice.com/shop/mango-chili-medley-spicy
- 1/4 of a medium sized Avocado sliced
- Rocket Salad
- Onions sliced
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Brioche Buns
- In a medium sized bowl mix the lamb the sirloin and Essiespice Mango Chili Medley
- Divide burger into 3-4 patties and flatten into medium sized (about 1 inch thick) patties, wrap in cling film and allow to marinade in the fridge for a few minutes.
- In a hot pan, add the olive oil and toss in the sliced onions and a pinch of salt
- Allow onions to cook on high heat for a minute then lower to medium to low heat so they slowly caramelize and turn golden brown. Once they start getting slightly golden and soft, take them out and set aside.
- Take burger patties out of the fridge. Bring the left over oil in the pan back up to high heat.
- Place patties gently on the hot pan on one side, and allow to sear for about 2-3 minutes or less if you'd like your meat rare. Turn over to the other side and do the same. At this point the burger will range from rare to medium rare. If you'd like it to cook further, place in over now until you're satisfied with texture.
- Assemble your burger with a brioche bun, rocket salad and with sliced avocado. If you dare, add more Essiespice Mango Chili Medley sauce or maybe our Mild option.