Essiespice Double Chocolate TamarindOH! Cake with Banana Brûlée
- 2 bars of semi sweet/dark chocolate baking bars*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup pure dark cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 Cup TamarindOH! Glaze
- 1 Banana
- 1/3 cup
- Chocolate and TamarindOH! Glaze https://www.essiespice.com/shop/tamarindoh
- 3 bars of semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup of TamarindOH! Sauce
- 1/2 cup of cream or milk
- Banana Brûlée Topping.
- 1 Banana
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease cake pans with butter and a light dusting of flour.
- Over a deep pan of boiling water, place a metal mixing bowl over the boiling water to melt the chocolate, Tamarind and milk for the glaze. Keep stirring to make sure you have a smooth texture. Set this aside. Do the same for the chocolate going into the cake mixture. Alternatively, you can microwave chocolate bars and 1/2 cup water in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring once halfway through.
- Combine flour, baking soda, sugar and butter in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Add the rest of the ingredients for the cake and beat till smooth on medium to low speed.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, lay it on a plate or wire racks to cool.
- Drizzle the glaze all over the cake and spread out the layer so it's even on all sides.
- Peel Banana and slice it along the middle to expose seeds. Place gently on cake with seed side showing up.
- Sprinkly about a tablespoon each on each banana, get your food torch and gently but expertly brûlée the sugar on the banana till you see the sugar go from white to golden brown. This serves about 8 people.